Singapore 2010 Ceremony Ticket Sales Begin

Ticket sales for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games begin Friday, and, as demand for the ceremonies is likely to exceed the number of tickets available, Singapore 2010 is using a ballot-to-purchase system to ensure that members of the public have a fair chance to purchase tickets.

Prospective buyers must register at the Singapore 2010 website (www.singapore2010.sg/tickets) or through a ticketing hotline between Friday until Sunday May 9. Each person may register only once for each ceremony for a maximum of four tickets per ceremony, regardless of the price. Singapore 2010 said successful applicants will be informed to purchase and collect their tickets between May 24 and June 7. All tickets must be paid for and collected by June 7.

Ticket prices for the Opening Ceremony are S$30, S$80, S$120, and S$200, while the Closing Ceremony tickets are $15, $40, and S$80.

To date, 20,000 tickets have been sold since March 31, most through the Singapore 2010 website; 75 per cent of the tickets purchased by Singapore residents while the remaining 25 per cent of tickets were sold overseas.

There are still 20 per cent of the 158 ticketed competitions sessions still available, including all diving sessions as well as selected sessions for swimming, gymnastics, archery, basketball and equestrian. Other fast-selling sport competitions include athletics, fencing, judo, modern pentathlon, shooting and taekwondo.